Thursday, January 29, 2009

Winter Blues...


In the perfect world that I imagine, the seasons fluctuate between late spring and mid-summer and back again. You know, those times of the year when it’s easy to look and feel both beautiful and inspired. Those warm seasons that cause your skin to glow, you’re sun kissed, and all things wonderful seem possible. But alas, we have four seasons and we have to deal with each accordingly.

Back to life, back to reality, it’s winter. During this season one primary routine is moisturize, moisturize, moisturize. During this season my skin can have the tendency to feel dry and look ashy. So I pile on my Anu’s Body Butter and chuck down lots of skin boosting supplements. Mulit-vitamins, extra A and E vitamins, Omega 3 Fish oil capsules and sprinkle on the flaxseeds.

I try to keep it positive. I make an effort to refrain from talking bad about the winter. I try to minimize the amount of times I say I’m cold. I wear skin clinging thermals, wool socks and layers of clothing and of course think warm thoughts. I carry lotion in my car and my handbags.

I know there are people that actually like and enjoy cold weather and the winter season. That’s beyond my realm of comprehension. I’d like to know what do you do the stave off the winter blues and it’s effects? Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment